If a small business loan is a concern, you will need a business plan (you ought to have a business plan anyway).
In the business plan, outline the services and products that will be offered to customers.
Include financial projections based on researched rates and quantity of customers in your area.
Examine competition and consumer in area, see if another remodeling business can realistically be supported.
- Purchase the necessary licenses in your area.
- Handyman’s or Contractor’s license if required
- Business license
- All required insurance and bonding
- Set up a LLC (Limited Liability Company or corporation) to limit your personal liability.
- Do a DBA search of the name choice (doing business as) with SOS (Secretary of State) to be assured the name isn’t already in use in your state, then register it with the state. You can usually do this on the SOS website.
Tools and Equipment: (The type home remodeling done will determine the tools needed)
- hammers, nail guns, saws, pry bars, screwdrivers, pliers, tape measures and other items
- work truck or van to travel to the jobs and carry your tools
- computer and printer to make schedules, do billing and print contracts
- office supplies
- Join a home builders and remodelers association in your area, by networking, you can often learn about opportunities in your area to generate business and develop relationships.
- Make professional looking business cards or have them designed and made by a local printer. Places such as Office-max, Office Depot and Staples have departments that do design and printing.
- Give out as many business cards as possible, they seem to be the cheapest form of advertising.
- Promote your remodeling business in the community.
- Many remodelers work off referrals, so when you get a job, it is important to go out of your way to make the customer happy.
- Consider setting up a referral program with your customers in which you pay a referral fee for each customer who recommends you to a friend.
- When you are just getting started, you may also want to offer a promotion to get some customers. For instance, you may want to offer a flat fee for a specific project that you can offer your customers. Do an Ebay promotion.
- Ads in local paper classifieds (Give something away, free estimates, pencils, pens, brochures.).
- Pin business cards to bulletin boards in supermarkets, home centers etc..
- Put ads on bulletin boards on Internet.
- Place Craigslist ad under services, radio or on TV as well.
- WordPress website designed to bring local attention to your product
If there is some information that you need right-a-way, feel free to send me a message through the contact us form for private comminucate or comments if you want to share and I will get back to you quickly.
If you want updates when there is an addition to this page, fill out a registration form or a RSS feed.
PS: If you have an idea you want to share or if you want specific information, please let me know, with the comment area.
Until next time, Happy Home Improving!
Great tips huh? How do you feel about these tips? If you want additional information, just ask. Either send me an email to support@LearnRemodeling.com or ask a question in the comment area. You will receive a quick response.
Remember to receive all updates, just register on one of the easy forms in the sidebar. Be sure to share with your friends.
If you have remodeling planed in the future and you plan to hire a contractor, I suggest that you have a look at this report. The Investment is 100% Money-Back Guaranteed for 60 days by clickbank.